Thursday, April 5, 2012

My mother's pathetic schemes

Unfortunately, Mr. Darcy has left for London and will not return for ten days, but Mr. Bingley has continued to come to Longbourn to visit my family and dine with us. Although Jane and Bingley have only been in contact again for a few days now, my mother insists that they will be married and is trying everything in her power to ensure of its happening. She has thought of excuses to get Kitty and I out of the room when Jane and Bingley are conversing with one another multiple times today, and I cannot help but laugh at how pathetic my mother looks because her purpose is extremely obvious. Kitty must not have understood quite as well what my mother's plot was, for she asked her why she was winking at her so many times, but Jane nor I had any doubt of it; however, Jane was afraid to be alone with Bingley. I tried to ignore my mother as much as possible so I could stay with my beloved sister, but I eventually had to succumb to my mother's desires.  

No comments:

Post a Comment