Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dire need of explanation

It is extremely difficult to conceal the information that was revealed to me in Mr. Darcy's letter from my aunt and uncle! After being in his presence today, they remarked that Mr. Darcy is nothing like the selfish, cruel man I described him as. I tried to explain that I had been a bit mistaken by his character, but I wish I could just disclose the contents of the letter without making everything more confusing. I am aware that doing so would cause trouble and only make matters worse, but I wish it weren't so. I despise the fact that my comments of the past have influenced my relatives against Darcy and to favor Wickham, but it will just take time for their opinions to be corrected.  

1 comment:

  1. My darling Darcy has always shown great character. I'm very displeased you could ever form an ill opinion on such a man. Some one in your position should never be in the spot to judge somebody. It is just advice, and I hope you correct your mistakes before an elligible man for you shows up.

    ReplyDelete