Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Utter embarassment and regret

I sincerely wish that I had not told Mr. Darcy of Lydia's elopement with Wickham in my sudden moments of distress! I am fully aware and grateful to know that he can be trusted and did not inform anyone else of this troubling circumstance. However, I am ashamed that Mr. Darcy is knowledgeable of my sister's stupidity for acting in this manner, and there is no hope that he will ever renew the purposals I once rejected of his. I desire to hear what he has to say of the matter, although I know it would be far from delightful, and it brings me disappointment to be unsure of when him and I will meet next. Nonetheless, I can only imagine how glad Mr. Darcy must feel now, considering the fact that he is not connected with a family such as mine; I hate to wonder how happy I could have been with him.

1 comment:

  1. yes seeing this happen with Lydia brings me slight pain. you should have accepted my offer when you had the chance. even with this if you were with me you would not need worry. not even a thing such as this could ruin my reputation.

    ReplyDelete