Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Unnecessary admiration for Lady Catherine

I find myself in the utmost confusion as to why Charlotte and Collins dedicate so much of their precious time to Lady Catherine. All she ever does is critique their lifestyle and criticize every aspect of their home, and I certainly would not have the patience to bear her arrogant opinions. I understand she is a most respected and dignified woman in Hunsford, but I feel as if Mr. Collins almost worships her as if she was immortal, and I find this a bit irritating at times. However, I enjoy the time I have to myself when I do not accompany the others to Rosings, for the excellent weather provides for a pleasurable stroll in the grove. All in all, I am  delighted to say that my time spent here so far has been great, and I only look forward to what the remaining weeks and the festivities of Easter have to bring.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lizzy. There will always be things in life you do not approve of. However, I am very glad that you are having a delightful time at Hunsford with your closest friend. Though it is a shame that she married before you or Jane.Such a plain girl, nothing special. I am still sore about you not marrying Mr. Collins, Elizabeth, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete