Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Home sweet home!

To be honest, I was not completely pleased with the fact that Kitty and Lydia were sent to greet Jane, Maria, and I upon our arrival to Hertfordshire, but I was eager and that much more excited to be in the presence of my father again. It was a bit annoying that Lydia spent her money on an ugly bonnet instead of treating us to lunch as she said, but I have grown accustomed to her personality, so I was not disappointed. In fact, my mood was enhanced with the news that the soldiers were to be camped near Brighton, and I cannot deny that my satisfaction was evident. However, I felt agitated once more when Lydia brought up the topic of Mr. Wickham, yet I was pleased to hear that Mary would not have to suffer a lifetime attached to that deceitful man. It sickens me to think that I once believed his collection of lies, but more at the fact that I once pitied him because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment