Thursday, March 22, 2012

Oh Pemberley...

As I walked through the Pemberley household, I could not help but think that if I had accepted Darcy's proposals, I would have been quite familiar with the fancy decor and lavish furnishings, instead of being surprised at the beauty and elegance of the residence with every step I took. The housekeeper's numerous remarks of praise towards Mr. Darcy striked me as a bit peculiar too, but one cannot expect anything different when present in their home. I was grateful that my aunt and uncle had plenty of questions for Mrs. Reynolds about Darcy and his family, for it allowed me to learn more about them without it seeming strange that I was so interested in the matter. I had to try my best to withhold my laughter when Mrs. Reynolds said that she did not know when someone "good enough" for Mr. Darcy would come around so he could be married, but she does have a point. If she had any idea that I had been of interest to him, I can only imagine the harsh words she would have to say.

1 comment:

  1. yes if only you had said yes then you could live like a queen. My house has only the finest of anything in it. It truly is a luxury to live in such a wonderful house like mine. Do not worry for you will eventually be mine.

    ReplyDelete