Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Preparing to return home

Darcy and Colonel Fitzwilliam departed from Rosings today, and I am astonished to think that my stay has almost come to an end as well! Despite my doubts upon arriving to Hunsford, I have enjoyed myself quite well, and it has been nice to spend some time comfortably in the presence of Charlotte once again. My smile cannot be hidden when pondering the fact that if I had accepted Darcy's marriage proposal, I would have been presented as Lady Catherine's future niece; imagining her perplexed reaction is simply what makes the thought so entertaining. However, as I prepare to leave within the next week, I feel an array of mixed emotions regarding how I am going to recount the information Mr. Darcy has revealed to me to Jane, or if I should even do so. I do not wish to sadden her even more, but the anxiety of knowing so much and not being able to converse with anyone about it is extremely hard to bear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment