Thursday, March 22, 2012

Miss Darcy

Mr. Darcy presented his sister to me today in Lambton, and I was astonished to observe that she is nothing like I had been told. Miss Darcy is not in the least bit arrogant or proud; on the contrary, she is shy and extremely reticent. Nevertheless, when I had the opportunity of conversing with her, she was kind and considerate, and her manners were graceful and as impressive as her brother's. Miss Darcy continued to surprise me by inviting my aunt, uncle, and I to dine with them in the days to come, and I regretted ever having malevolent thoughts of her. She is the complete opposite of what I had expected, and I honestly look forward to what the dinner will bring.

1 comment:

  1. My niece is ofcourse a doll. She is a beauty, and an excellent rolemodel for all. Her manners please me very much, and im proud she has shown you such civility.

    ReplyDelete